So what exactly is a visual novel? In principle, it is a story told with the aid of visual cues. I wasn't aware of the advances the genre has taken until reading one lately. I am taken aback by how much you can fit into a visual novel nowadays in terms of musical composition, great visuals and depth of the story.
Why create a visual novel?
Through this project, I am able to challenge myself in different areas that I have an interest in such as music, art/design and writing. I admit I'm really bad at creating things, but I've always had the desire to express myself through my creations. I really hope this project gets finished because to me, this is a way for me to redeem myself.
It sounds ambitious, but the great thing is that there are no due dates. At the end of it all, I'd like to say that I've done it. After all, visual novels aren't really profitable considering how much effort needs to be put into it. Right now I'm thinking that upon completion, I'll distribute it for free but under the Creative Commons license.
(I guess I'll write more on another post)
0 comments:
Post a Comment