Just to give you a quick update, I have been doing some quick sketches lately on different characters and scenes. It is still fairly in the early stages so nothing is really certain at this point.
There is this one scene that I've been trying to create at a club but have no idea how it should be as I haven't been to one before. It so happens that a few days ago a friend invited me to a birthday party at a club, so I decided to go for the experience as well as to gather inspiration from the novel.
It also gave me insight into what music I should use in the given scene. It also begs the question of how do I strike the balance between recreating the atmosphere with loud music and setting the tone of the scene.
In terms of soundtrack for the overall, I have decided to use piano as the centerpiece as it is more versatile in setting the mood of each individual scene compared to a guitar for an example. In terms of accompaniments, I have decided to go with the violin and the guitar and perhaps some cello. Now all I need to do is find out how to acquire a cello and a violin temporarily to learn and compose some tracks. I was thinking of a saxophone as well but that is probably too hard to master in a short frame of time. Plus, I don't think borrowing it off someone would be 'hygienic'... Blech.
Hopefully in the next post, I'll be able to whip out a few good sketches and record a few instrumentals to go along with it. With that done, I'll be able to play around with making a test build of a functional novel with the java scripts provided.
At the meantime, I'll have to redesign the website as it is really in a bad shape at the moment.
0 comments:
Post a Comment